Quitting might seem like a real challenge, but do you know how much damage you could be causing?
More than 80% of second-hand smoke is invisible and odourless, so no matter how careful you think you're being, your family still breathe in the harmful poisons.
There’s only one way to completely protect your children and family from second-hand smoke, and that's to make sure you have a smoke-free home and car. And the best way to do that is to quit smoking completely.
With our help and support you can quit smoking for good.
The physical and mental effects on your children
Nearly three quarters of children worry that their mum or dad will die because they smoke. Children who see their parents smoke are also three times more likely to smoke when they grow up. By quitting, these chances are dramatically reduced.
An important message for you is that children are less likely to take up smoking in their teens if they are around parents that don’t smoke.
Benefits to your family
- An important message for you is that children are less likely to take up smoking in their teens if they are around parents that don’t smoke.
- Your children’s nose and eyes are no longer irritated by smoke
- The risk of health problems reduced
- Your children are healthier
- They are breathing in smokefree air
- Also grandparents are role models to their grandchildren so if you are a grandparent and have stopped this is one of the best messages you can give to your grandchildren.